- Residents of the towns of Humboldt and Dakota City, and residents of rural Humboldt County are eligible for library cards from the Humboldt Public Library.
- Patrons of Beacon member libraries are eligible to check out materials by presenting their Beacon member library card.
- Patrons of non-Beacon libraries are eligible for Humboldt Public Library borrower cards or they may check out materials through inter-library loan via their home library.
This policy shall continue as long as Open Access is a program from the State Library.
- Adults: New adult borrowers will be asked to present some form of current photographic identification (such as driver’s license or passport) with their name and current address and must register for a library card in the presence of the librarian or library assistant on duty. If their identification does not have their current address, they may submit a piece of mail such as a utility bill to provide proof. New borrowers are limited to four (4) items per checkout for the first three (3) months only one of which may be a DVD. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Library Director and Library Staff.
- Minors: New borrowers under the age of 18 must be registered by a parent or guardian who will be asked to provide the same identification as well as a reference as listed above. New borrowers under the age of 18 are limited to four (4) items per checkout for the first three (3) months only one of which may be a DVD. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Library Director and Library Staff.
“The Humboldt Public Library will meet the informational, recreational, and cultural needs of people of the Humboldt community, through appropriate print and technological resources, and cultural events.”
The primary use of the Springvale Room is for local library programming.
Room Availability. The Springvale Room is not available for use when the library is closed. Final decision on availability is delegated to the Library Director or his/her designee. The library reserves the right to cancel any scheduled activity when circumstances require it. The audio-visual equipment in the Springvale Room is to be used only by members of the library staff. Permission to use the Springvale Room does not imply endorsement of, or agreement with, the purpose(s) of or the expressions of such individuals or organizations by the library, the library board, or the library staff.