Browse through the various services offered through our library, or take a peek at the long list of useful reference links, sorted by category, below.
Then, click on the Online Bill Pay tab.
Click on the icon above to use Credo, which is an easy-to-use tool for research, homework, and other reference needs. Gather background information on your topic from over one thousand full-text encyclopedias and subject handbooks, as well as 500,000+ images and audio files and over 1,000 videos. If asked for an ID or password, please use your library card number.
Click on the Gale logo above to search the GVRL, which offers a multitude of research databases. Each offers screened and reliable content from magazines, newspapers and reference materials. Includes the Chilton Library for automotive maintenance and repair. If asked for an ID or password, please use your library card number.
View magazines on your computer or mobile device.
RBdigital Magazines, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps. Your library’s collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
Click on the icon above to begin. Use your Library Card Number to begin setting up your account. Please read all instructions carefully.
The TumbleBookLibrary is a collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books), along with games and puzzles. TumbleBooks are created from existing picture books which have been licensed from various children’s book publishers and converted to the TumbleBook format.
If you’re inside the HPL, clicking on the icon should take you directly to the TumbleBookLibrary. If you’re outside the HPL, click on the icon but you will need to login using your library card number without any spaces. If you have cookies enabled in your browser, you should only have to do this one time.
Problems? Please call (515) 332-1925 or email us at email@example.com.
High-speed internet is recommended, and Adobe Flash is required, which is already preloaded on most computers.
Patrons of the Humboldt Public Library are now able to download five Sony Music tracks in the MP3 format each week and stream three hours of Sony Music per day at no cost.
- 11 Million+ songs /23,000+ Music Videos (Over 1 million new songs added in the last year!)
- 30,000 labels including the world’s largest–Sony Music Entertainment
- Over 200 different genres; everything from Classical Music to Rap, including Pop, Rock, Children’s, Country, Classical and many more…
- Thousands of popular artists including Adele, Alicia Keys, Barbara Streisand, Bruce Springsteen, Carrie Underwood, Céline Dion,Dave Matthews Band, Elvis Presley, Hozier, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Johnny Cash, John Legend, Leonard Cohen, London Symphony Orchestra, Meghan Trainor, One Direction, P!nk, Pearl Jam, Pitbull, Pink Floyd, Sara Bareilles, Santana, Usher, Willie Nelson, Yo-Yo Ma, Zayn and many more…
- Music from over 80 different countries
- Unlimited simultaneous access for the library for both downloads and streaming
- New music available the same day it shows up on I-Tunes or in the stores. New content added daily.
- All content is exclusive to Freegal Music (We are a Sole Source provider for Public Libraries)
- Free Mobile apps for Apple and Android devices
- Freegal Music Blog http://freegalmusic.blogspot.com/
- Follow us on Twitter- https://twitter.com/FreegalMusic
- Like us on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/FreegalMusic/
Click on the icon above to go to Freegal. At the login page, just enter your HPL library card number and your PIN. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your library card number. Beginning your musical journey is that simple!
This is an archive of the first 130 (or so) years of Humboldt newspapers. It’s searchable by name and/or date. The content of the archive is based upon the microfilm of the old newspapers, so some of the images aren’t quite perfect. It’s loads of fun to look at the ads for various businesses around town and to read about the issues of eras past.
You can click on the icon above. For the Member Login at the top of the first page, the Username is humboldtpl and the Password is archive.
LearningExpress Library is an interactive online platform that provides the most comprehensive selection of career and academic resources available to empower people for job preparation, career advancement, college readiness, academic success, and skills mastery in math, reading, writing, grammar, and vocabulary. More than a database, LearningExpress Library(tm) helps entire communities jumpstart careers and education. Additional features of LearningExpress include Job & Career Accelerator, software tutorials, and introductory training courses on how to use a computer, search the internet and take advantage of social networking.
Click on the icon above to begin.
Transparent Language Online provides a fun, effective, and engaging experience for learners of all levels looking to build their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in a foreign language. Combining extensive courses and supplemental resources for over 100 languages, including English, Transparent Language Online is the most complete language-learning system.
Click on the icon above to begin. You will need your library card number to initially sign up.
Browse through the categories below for links to helpful sites.
A&E Channel Online
Internet Movie Database
Celebrity Addresses, Pictures, Etc.
The Official Academy Awards Site
Oscar, Oscar! An Unofficial Webpage on the Academy Awards
Kids in Mind: Movie Guide for Parents
Screen It: Movie Guide for Parents
Road Scholar – not-for-profit leader in educational travel, offers 5,500 educational tours in all 50 states and 150 countries
American Association of Retired Persons
Social Security Administration
Blue Mountain – Send free e-cards by email to friends and loved ones.